Monday, April 25, 2011

Hebrews 13:20-21

In the service yesterday morning, Pastor Matte preached from Hebrews 13:20-21. I realized that I want this passage to be one of my prayers for my time in Kenya.

"May the God of peace, who through the blood of the eternal covenant brought back from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great Shepherd of the sheep, equip you with everything good for doing his will, and may he work in us what is pleasing to him, through Jesus Christ, to whom be the glory for ever and ever. Amen."

I'm just going to elaborate a little from my notes on the sermon:

vs. 20
The comma after "peace" should be replaced with an exclamation point... "He is the God of Peace(!)"
Discover peace instead of numbing pain.
Colossians 1:20. Jesus came to give us peace.
God is with us Forever "through the blood of the eternal covenant."
Blood brings life, sin brings death, and Christ's blood brings eternal life.
vs. 21
"equip you"..."work in us"..."through Jesus Christ"...
Really dwell on those words.
Ephesians 5:10. Find out what pleases the Lord.
Because of The Resurrection: He now works through us and in us.

Am I letting God work in me?
Or just hoping He works around me?

I desire for God to do something through me and in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment